Last modified: March 5, 2018.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and you are not allowed to enter information into the Website if you are under 13 years of age. If we learn we have received personal information from or about a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including:
- Information needed to process orders that you make on the Website, such as name, email address, billing and/or shipping address(es), phone number, and credit card information;
- Additional information that you voluntarily enter, such as order instructions, that may include personal information; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and Website usage details.
How We Collect Information From You
We collect information from you in two ways:
- First, directly from you when you provide it to us, such as entering your information into the spaces provided on the Website when making an order.
- Second, we collect generic information about your usage and equipment automatically as you navigate through the Website, such as usage details, IP addresses, web browser preferences, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Although we do not correlate tracking information to individuals, some information collected, such as IP addresses, will be unique.
Do Not Track Settings
We use Squarespace to host the Website and, to the best of our knowledge, Squarespace does not currently support recognition of Do Not Track protocol. Squarespace has released that it collects and uses aggregated, non-individualized, information collected from users of Squarespace websites to analyze trends, administer websites, track users’ movements around websites, and gather demographic information about their userbase. While the Company does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, Website users should be aware of Squarespace’s potential tracking when they use the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To develop, provide, and improve the Website and its services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your orders.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website.
- To tell you about products or services that we are offering.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To Stripe, which processes payments through the Website.
- To Squarespace, which hosts the Website.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To third party contractors in order to analyze Website performance and user behavior and/or to improve the Website.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and request changes to your personal information by sending us an email at email@example.com. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access. Your personal information is encrypted through the Website with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and is also encrypted when it is stored by us to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Third Party Links
The Website may contain links that lead to other websites, and the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, and/or activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Website and welcome any feedback about these external websites.